Much has been spoken about and written about self-healing. There are websites dedicated just to that. Among these are the following: Energy Muse Blog, Energy Healing: Path to Deeper Health, Energy Healing, and Guided Self-Healing. There are equally a large number of breathing techniques. Among these are Pursed Lip Breathing, Ujjayi Breath, Bellows Breath, 4-7-8 Exercises, and Lion’s Breath. A wide variety of meditation approaches exist to relax, to calm the mind, and to bring inner peace. I noted one internet list contained over 20 different types of meditation. Among the most popular meditation approaches are Mindfulness, Spiritual Meditation, and Transcendental Meditation. All of these, I am sure, have value in their own right. But, what about healing your inner self? What can you do, right now, to start that all-important healing?
I call this the Self-Love (Swaatmani snehyet) Here are the steps.
- Sit in a comfortable chair; remove your shoes and socks.
- Place two drops of either of these essential oils on the bottom of each foot and gently massage into the skin: Neroli, Melissa, or Ylang-ylang. I buy my pure essential oils from the following website: http://www.zsremedies.com.
- Next, take a few deliberately slow deep breaths.
- Place the first two fingers of your right hand on your forehead, at the location of what is called the Third Eye.
- Place your left hand over your heart.
- Close your eyes.
- Repeat the following five times: “I am worthy; it is okay to love myself.”
- Sit still for a couple of minutes and then slowly rouse yourself.
- Do this every morning or evening before retiring.
- Do this for one week.
©4/20/2020 by Norman W Wilson, PHD